Thursday, November 20, 2014

Trapped by Beverley Kendall

Trapped (Trapped, #1)Trapped by Beverley Kendall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Redeeming Stars

I LOVED TRAPPED

Okay, I guess I have to write a tiny disclaimer, I just had a baby, so I’m in baby land and books that have babies and single moms do it for me. This is my first book by Beverley Kendall and I’m a complete FAN!

Summary

At 18 Paige becomes pregnant. Mitch questions if the child is his and leaves Paige. I know and before you click to the next review, just wait. I promise you, it’s a good read. When Bree, their daughter, is 7 months Mitch has a change of heart and is ready to be a dad.

Review

The best thing about Trapped is the dynamics between Paige and Mitch. I love first loves. I love that Paige and Mitch were once lovers and Bree was the cause of their break-up. I love that Mitch needed to redeem himself. It’s tough to love a Hero who abandons their child. Believe me, I had to go deep within to see the better side of him. I think that’s what worked so well for me, by just reading Mitch’s inner struggles and guilt.

Things that worked for me

- Single Mom

- Lost love

- Redeeming Hero

- Cute baby!

Paige is an adorable single mom. She works at a dead end job and gave up college to raise Bree. She is trying to get over Mitch and move forward with her life. Mitch is a big mess. He never really handled the separation and partied and drank in college. Now, several months later, he’s trying to make amends and of course Paige isn’t making it easy on him.

When Paige first sees Mitch for the first time since the break-up, my heart was on edge! Oh the tension, the good drama, and the issues they need to overcome. Not only did I like reading about Paige and Mitch’s relationship, I also liked the side characters or what I like to call their support system. I liked reading the parts on how Paige’s best friends felt and Mitch’s family reactions.

I didn’t have any expectations on this novel so I’m completely blown away on how much I enjoyed reading it. If you are like me and love reading about single moms and heroes needing to redeem themselves, then this one is for you.

Trapped (Trapped, #1) by Beverley KendallAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment