Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thicker Than Blood by Madeline Sheehan

Thicker Than BloodThicker Than Blood by Madeline Sheehan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 (OH-MY-GOD! WHAT-DID-I-READ?! I-LOVE-THIS-BOOK) Stars

I love zombie books, I love zombie books with romance and I love the Walking Dead.

If you are like me and love anything zombie related, then Thicker Than Blood is PERFECT for you

I picked up Thicker Than Blood blindly because it had two things I love, Madeline Sheehan and zombies. I will be honest, I was very nervous reading this because I just KNEW I had to have someone hold my hand.

If you want a book club book or need a book to read with a girlfriend, then get this one.

Thicker Than Blood is not for the faint of heart. Yes, there is killings and death, but there’s also romance and friendships. There are also a lot of crazy people.

The only thing you need to know is that there are two main girls in this book. Leisel and Evelyn. They are best friends and are just trying to survive. Both lost their husbands and they only have each other. I have a sister and she’s also my best friend, so I took this one to heart. This book will melt your insides in so many ways.

You will love your sister, best-friend, best gal- pal even more after reading this!

Thicker Than Blood is a romance book and there is plenty of that, but I wouldn’t say it’s the focus of the read. Correction it’s a HUGE part of the book, but to me, that’s not the main plot.

The only focus in this book is survival

I wouldn’t say Thicker Than Blood was scary, but it was very suspenseful. I devoured this like mad and I couldn’t get enough.

My feelings throughout the book

1% Holy Moly, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

10% Oh GOD, WHY!!!!???!!!

56% oh yes!!!!

80% Oh GOD, WHY!!!???!!!

90% Oh GOD, WHY???!!!!!!

95% Oh GOD, WHY???!!!!!


I seriously think I used the lord’s name in vain throughout the whole book. The thing that I love so much about Thicker Than Blood is that even though there’s zombies, it’s still an apocalyptic society and you have to watch out for the normal people.

It makes you question how people will act when there’s no humanity.

I was on my toes throughout the book. I NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN At some point I just almost wanted to give up because I was so spent, but I had to continue.

If you are a Walking Dead fan, this one is for you. It doesn’t mirror the TV show, but it has some elements that I appreciate.

Thicker Than Blood by Madeline SheehanAMAZON$3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment