Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Torch (Take It Off, #1) by Cambria Hebert

Torch (Take It Off, #1)Torch by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Light me Up Stars

I see the mixed reviews and I wouldn’t say Torch was bad, but just a very ordinary cute book with a fire fighter as the Hero.

Who doesn’t like that?


Katie wakes up tied to a chair as her house engulfs in flames. She is about to die when fire fighter Holt saves her.

Someone wants to kill Katie.

Katie doesn’t have anyone. She wakes up from the hospital and everything she had was destroyed in the fire. She needs someone to help dress her wounds. Holt decides to take Katie in. Even though Kate protests, she doesn’t really have anyone so she concedes (eventually).

I love a damsel in distress storyline. I love it when the Heroine needs to be saved and oh boy does Katie need saving (like a lot).

Torch is really unrealistic. How many times can a girl get into a situation where she is going to be killed? Well, four to five times in this one. Does it annoy me? Not really. I kind of like it.

You kind of want her to investigate and figure out who wants her dead. She doesn’t do that and it gets a little frustrating.

Holt is a typical guy with a typical job. But before you write him off, I must say, he’s very sweet, loyal and sexy. I love a fire fighter and he definitely is a hero. He’s very attracted to Katie and wants to get to know her, but he doesn’t want to push her too far.

Overall, Torch is a decent read. There’s nothing extraordinary about the story, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. It was overall, sweet with a lot of tension, steam and rescue-me-moments. A nice book to read on rainy day.


Torch (Take It Off, #1) by Cambria HebertAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment