Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Until the Sun Falls from the Sky (The Three, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Until the Sun Falls from the Sky (The Three, #1)Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Oh my Lucien Stars

I need this. I’ve been craving for a paranormal book and this is my first from KA. It had everything I wanted in a paranormal and KA read.

Alpha male Check

Strong and suborn Heroine Check

Hero chasing the Heroine Check

Crazy steamy scenes! Double Check

Leah is part of the Buchannan clan. She’s kind of like noble blood within the vampire world, even though she is human. In this world, humans are concubines for the vampires. So the vampires use the human to feed and in return the human is cared for financially.

Leah doesn’t want to be a concubine, but she is just making her debut. It’s kind of like when you come of age, you are ready to date, but in this case, she she’s finally single and she is requested to be at the selection (where vampires pick concubines).

Lucien is a very old vampire. He’s established and is kind of like a celebrity in the vampire world. He has taken notice of Leah and he wants her.

Even though Leah doesn’t want to be taken. So he mind-tricks her into being his concubine.

What worked for me is that when you get a paranormal read, there is this world you are introduced to. Sometimes there are a lot of facts and new things you need to learn, but with this one, there wasn’t much and I found myself enjoying this world then trying to figure out what’s going on.

I also loved the characters. I loved Lucien. Everyone knows KA writes some good alpha males. What made this one so different is that Lucien is a vampire so he speaks more refined. Most of KA males have the Southern drawl, not that there is anything wrong with that, my husband is southern, it’s just something different is good.

I liked Leah. She’s very headstrong and it worked for me. I like it when the Heroine makes the Hero work for it and oh boy there’s plenty of sexual tension to keep you interested.

Most of the book is about Lucien trying to get Leah to submit to him. I really liked the push and pull of the relationship. Of course there’s issues, like the council (kind of like the vampire police) and ex’s, like Lucien’s previous mates (like vampire wife). It’s just crazy, but fun and good.

If you love KA reads and want something a little different, then I recommend this one.

Until the Sun Falls from the Sky (The Three, #1) by Kristen AshleyAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment