Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Vicious Cycle (Vicious Cycle #1) by Katie Ashley [Review]

 


 
 
 
 
Deacon Malloy’s life is dedicated to the Hell’s Raiders motorcycle club. Tough, hard, and fast with his fists, he serves the group as sergeant at arms. But his devil-may-care approach to life is thrown for a loop when the five-year-old daughter he never knew existed lands on the club steps.
 
Alexandra Evans is devoted to all her students—but there’s always been something about Willow Malloy that tugs at her heart. There’s an aura of sadness about her, a girl in need of all the love Alexandra can give. When Willow stops coming to school, Alexandra’s search leads to a clubhouse full of bikers…and a father hell-bent on keeping his daughter always within sight.
 
The moment Deacon sees Alexandra, he has to have her in his bed—and he’s never met a woman yet who couldn’t be persuaded. No matter how attracted she is to Deacon, Alexandra refuses to be just another conquest. But it’s Deacon himself who could be seduced—into a brighter future for himself, his daughter, and the woman he’s falling for against all odds.
 
 
5 Deacon is my biker Stars

I haven’t read a Katie Ashley book in forever. I love Katie Ashley and I love MC books, so it’s like the best of both worlds. I am happy to say that Vicious Cycle met and exceeded my expectations.

I have found a new series to love.

Vicious Cycle is a standalone in the Vicious Cycle series. Each book will be catering towards a character in the Raider’s MC club (well at least the first two books are).

Vicious Cycle starts out with a BAM! I was hooked from page one and I knew … JUST KNEW… this would be a winner. Deacon is part of the Raider’s MC and he’s the sergeant of arms.  He also learns he has a five year old daughter.

Can you see why I love this book so much?

Katie Ashley + MC + Single DAD = BOOM Happy times for me!

 I was a father. And even if it… killed me. I was going to be the best… one I could. No one was ever going to hurt Willow on my watch.

Deacon doesn’t know the first thing in taking care of a child. He tries his best to be the best dad he can be, but he’s no hearts or flowers. 

Willow is a bit traumatized.  She didn’t come from the best home and now she hardly speaks.  She clings to Deacon, but is still a little cautious around him.  I love Willow. I found her character completely adorable and it made my heart melt. If you throw any cute little kid in a book, I’m going to just gobble the pages up.

After a few missed days of school, Willow’s teacher, Alexandra (Alex) starts to worry and decides to pay Deacon a visit.

You can see where this is going.

You can see where I’m smiling and yeah, it’s good.

Alex doesn’t know anything about the MC life. She’s a “white-bread”. She’s clean, pure and angelic.  Deacon doesn’t want anything to do with her, but he finds her very attractive.  Willow is super attached to her teacher and it makes it even harder for Deacon to not like Alex. I also loved reading the bond between Willow and Alex.

Alex and Deacon couldn’t be any more different, but they somehow fit perfectly!
You own me-mind, heart, body and soul

I felt the chemistry between Alex and Deacon. I thought the banter was good and I liked how abrasive Deacon was towards Alex. He is a biker after all.  So of course, he’s not “nice” and he is kind of selfish, egotistical and really rude.

Say something

I don’t know what to say.

That you can see past the blood on my hands to the real me.

I loved the secondary characters as well. We get glimpse of the biker brothers and Deacon’s actual brothers. A part of my heart belongs to Rev and he will be focused in book 2. I can’t wait for that one. I also enjoyed all the political aspects of the book. I liked reading about rival gangs and plans for revenge and who killed who and who will be killed by whom.

It’s really addictive.

Vicious Cycle is written really well. The book flowed and there was never a dull moment. I felt the tension between the two characters, but there wasn’t any real angst. I was entertained completely and it was an overall pleasurable read.

I am what I am, babe. You ain’t getting anything else

I’ll take you-just as you are
 
An ARC was provided
 

 
 
I got to meet Katie at a book signing. It was years ago, but she was so adorable and sweet.
More Book Signing Photos - HERE
 

 
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.
With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education, she spent 11 1/2 years educating the Youth of America aka teaching MS and HS English until she left to write full time in December 2012.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment