Friday, September 30, 2016

Ghost (Boston Underworld #3) by A. Zavarelli [Review]

Talia.
I have always been a bird. Caged by one prison or another when the only thing I ever wanted was to fly away.
Sold. Beaten. Starved. Drugged.
Nothing scares me anymore.
Until him.
He makes the numbness go away.
He is hazardous to me. It has nothing to do with his mafia lifestyle, and everything to do with what he offers.
A gilded prison.
A retreat from everything that I once knew. The reality I have no desire to return to.
He thinks he’s caged me, but soon…
I’m going to fly.

Alexei.
I live by a code. The Vory code.
In this mafiya world, there are traditions.
Expectations.
She does not care for these things. She does not care about anything.
She thinks she has me fooled with her haunted eyes.
What she can’t know is that I see her better than most.
She wants to fly.
But I’m going to clip her wings.
And make her my wife.








6 Dark, Twisted, Wonderful, SUPER STARS!!!!I love it when an author pushes her boundaries and dare to do something a little different. Ghost is a standalone and is part of the Boston Underworld series. Ghost is every different from the previous books and I really liked Crow and Reaper, but Ghost BLEW MY MIND away. I’m standing on my computer desk chair applauding this magnificent author and book.

Some stuff you need to know prior to reading. If you like something dark, this is your book. You like a STRONG alpha male, this is your book. You want a tortured strong alpha male this is your book. Do you get the point?

Since the summary doesn’t give anything away in the book, I’m going to do the same and just write my feelings.

First off the book starts out with a bam and it really pulled me in. Talia is struggling and I loved the way the author wrote this because you understand and feel her pain. Like I said, it’s a dark book so be prepared for some shock moments.

Then there’s Alexei. What I loved most about Alexei is that he is mysterious. He’s also tortured. He has some Daddy issues and it kind of made him the way he is. He’s tough, ruthless and very powerful. He’s the exact type of Hero I read. There are many layers to Alexei and what I enjoyed reading most is discovering them.

 The chemistry between Alexei and Talia is dynamic. I got it from the moment they interacted with each other. I loved the way Talia reacts towards Alexei because she is so damaged she seems very indifferent, broken and all around messed up. Alexei doesn’t really care because he’s not a nice guy. But you know somewhere deep down he has a soft spot.  I love the tension!

I can’t express to you how much I loved this book. I read it blindly and I think it was the perfect way to do it. It had EVERYTHING I was looking for in a romance read. I got a powerful epic book filled with action, drama, steam, romance and dark moments. It was a non-stop read for me. I will one-click whatever this A. Zavarelli writes from now on.
 


Boston Underworld SERIES

  





CROW #1 AMAZON 99 CENTS - AMAZON - UK CA AU | REVIEW
Reaper #2 AMAZON 99 CENTS | REVIEW
Ghost # 3 AMAZON
Bleeding Heart Series

 

ECHO #1 AMAZON
STUTTER #2 AMAZON





A romance book junkie, cat lover, and traveler when plagued by intense cases of wanderlust. I like all things chocolate, books that come with warnings, and pretty much any kind of characters that are dark and gritty.





No comments:

Post a Comment