Saturday, September 24, 2016

Loving the White Liar by Kate Stewart [Audio Review]

I met my true love when I was twenty-seven. He was handsome, charming, witty, and irresistible. Jayden Monroe came along when I was struggling with indecision and made things simple, turned monochrome into vivid color, and forever altered my perspective on life.

I was not naive enough to believe in happily ever after, but with Jayden, it seemed possible . . . until I realized something wasn’t quite right.

You see, I met a man who would be anyone I needed him to be, and after I found out that fact, I knew it would be impossible to walk away. His disorder, however, would change everything I ever thought about love and what it truly meant to accept someone for who they are.

This is not my sob story; this is his success story.



This is an ADHD love story and is for mature audiences only. This book contains explicit sex and strong language.


4 Emotional, Crazy, Loving Stars
If I need a good dramatic book, then I hit up one Kate Stewart reads because I know I’m going to get an epic tale. This will be an audio review of Loving the White Liar.

I love audio books. I love dramatic and emotional audio books even more because of all the feels I get. This is my first Kate Stewart audio book and she nailed it with the narrator. I usually go for the feminine voice, but Hilary is strong and feisty and she needed a little gruff. No, the narrator wasn’t manly but it just had a smoky edge to it.  The pace was good and she transitioned to other voices well. I’m not sure I could listen to her in another book because I now associate Hilary with the narrator, so that has to be a good thing.

It took me some time to listen to this book, but it wasn’t because of the story. I basically listened when the baby was napping. What is so great about this book is that I could put the book down and come back to it days later and still understand what was going on. 

Loving the White Liar isn’t what I expected. I’ve been putting off this book for some time because I figure I would be reading about a mean nasty Hero that lies, but it’s far from that. It’s a book about love, relationships and what you would do to be with the person you care about.

I love these kinds of books. I call them couple books, because it’s about the couple and all the issues they face. It’s a realistic book about real problems real people face. 

The star of the show is Jayden. If you ever wanted a complex Hero then he wins it all. He’s emotional, complicated and has a ton of issues. What’s his deal? He has ADHD. I read this book blindly so I didn’t know about this and when I realized that was what he had, I kind of rolled by eyes. How bad could it be? I’ve read books where the Hero had DID (Dissociate Identity disorder) so I have a slightly skew but high expectation of what a Hero can have (in reference towards mental disorders). 
I applaud the author for opening my eyes to this disease. A disease I got confused with bi-polar disorder. Anyhow, if you want to know what ADHD and all the stuff a person can go through, this is your book. 

What Jayden and Hilary go through as a couple is very intense. There are a lot of ups and downs. When the relationship is good it’s good and when it’s bad it’s bad. Most of the fault lies on Jayden because of his reaction towards tough stuff, but Hilary shares some of the blame too. You will love to hate Jayden. He can be frustrating at times and completely sweet.

Also this book is REALLY steamy. I blushed a few times and was taken aback by all the steam.  
It’s a sweet book with a dramatic storyline and intense couple. I really enjoyed it because of how real and raw it was. Also, it made me appreciate my relationship with my husband more. And I like Hilary would do anything to make it work. 





The Reluctant Romantics Series



The Fall #1 AMAZON | REVIEW
The Mind #1.5 AMAZON | REVIEW
The Heart #2 AMAZON


A native of Dallas, Kate Stewart now resides in beautiful Charleston, S.C. She lives with her husband of 9 years, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie.

Kate moved to Charleston three weeks after her first visit, dropping her career of 8 years, and declaring the city her creative muse. Since the move in 2010, Kate has written and published four novels including Room 212, Never Me, Loving the White Liar and The Fall.

Kate writes messy, sexy, angst filled romance books with 'hard to get' happy endings because it's what she loves as a reader. She has a scary addiction to chocolate milk and a deep love for rap music specifically the genius known as Marshall Mathers.



No comments:

Post a Comment