Thursday, September 22, 2016

Passion & Venom (Venom #1) by Shanora Williams [Review]

Imagine this:
Your husband is murdered on your wedding day.
Your gown is soiled in his blood.
You are taken hostage…
Treated like a caged animal.
The man behind your husband’s murder is revealed.
His name is Draco Molina.
Draco has power. Respect. Wealth.
He is a savage beast of a man - dominant in every way.
Soon after, he makes you an offer that you can’t refuse.
All you have do is submit to him, and in return you won’t be punished.
He will reward you handsomely.
But if you disobey, you must be prepared to face the consequences.
What do you do when the most wanted man in the world . . . wants you?



6 Dark, Twisted, YES! Stars
You know when you scroll through your Facebook Newsfeed and there are advertisements, well I saw one for Passion and Venom and I thought what the heck, let’s try it. I one clicked it, not knowing the storyline or the author, but only that the book would be dark.

When I started the book I knew within the first page I was going to love it. Right away I loved the writing style and I liked where the story was going. As I kept on reading, I kept on looking at my reading percentage wishing it wouldn’t go up because I seriously didn’t want the book to end. 
If you are like me, you love dark books. I’ve read hundreds of dark books and kidnapping is one of my favorite plots, but they are a dime a dozen. However, Passion and Venom is so good and so interesting, you will be blown away like me.

Gianna is kidnapped on her wedding day and she watches her husband get killed. She doesn’t know why she is kidnapped but she knows her husband was the target and she is the baggage that comes with it. I really liked the beginning because it hits you with a bang and you get into the heart of the story.

Gianna is not your regular damsel. Yes, she’s kidnapped, but she puts up a good fight and the crying is to a minimal. I like a healthy balance of awesome strong Heroine, yet a little broken and a little in pain and ready for saving, she fits the bill to the T.

Draco is mean, nasty and ruthless. I have read books where the Hero is pretty tough, but Draco takes the cake. I really loved to hate him. He’s a complicated man with issues. He’s strong, powerful and very successful. Men are scared of him and women want to be with him and he knows it.

He sees something in Gianna, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to change and give her hearts and candy. If Gianna is going to be staying under his roof, then she needs to play by his rules or there will be consequences.

What really worked for me is that this book isn’t your typical dominate / submissive type of read. There wasn’t cheesy dialogue or predicable storyline. Everything was meant for a reason.  The tension between Draco and Gianna is wicked hot. The steam was off the charts and I gobbled it up. T

Usually I would say this book is not for everyone, but after reading it, I’m going to say it is. If you like dark books, you will love this one. It has everything a dark reading junkie like me loves. It has a twisted alpha Hero, a strong, yet damsel Heroine, a twisted storyline that will continue to keep you guessing. 

I loved this book. I have a major book hang over and the only complaint I have is that the author has NO RELEASE date for book 2. I’m going to cry. 

PS. I went to stalk this author after I finished reading Passion and Venom and I realized I read one of her earlier books and gave her a low rating. It just goes to show that you should NEVER give up on authors. They may blow you away, even if it’s two years later. I’m going to grab another book by her now. 




Shanora Williams is a twenty-something that creates authentic romantic stories that, may or may not, make you question what a "Happily Ever After" truly is. After hitting the New York Times and USA Today bestsellers list at the mere age of nineteen, Shanora ventured further into the creative writing world, working even harder to create unique and memorable romances for all to enjoy.
She currently resides in Waxhaw, North Carolina and is the mother of one amazing boy, in love with her devoted man, and a sister to eleven.

When she isn't writing, she's spending time with her family, binge reading, or running marathons on Netflix while scarfing down anything sweet and salty. She also writes under the pen name S. Q. Williams.

http://www.facebook.com/ShanoraWilliamsAuthor


No comments:

Post a Comment