Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Win Some Lose Some by Shay Savage [Review]




For Matthew Rohan, every day is a struggle.  Each task others complete without thinking is a challenge for him.  Recently orphaned, he has to finish the last few months of high school and take care of his disabled sister on his own.

When Mayra comes into his life, his comfortable routines implode.  Matthew can’t handle change, but Mayra is unrelenting in her quest to understand him, to show him acceptance and maybe even love.  When she breaks through his shell, Matthew’s world will never be the same again.

An awkward boy with Asperger’s Syndrome, a persistent girl who pulls him out of his isolated existence, and a lottery ticket that will change their lives forever.




5 SUPER SWEET and ADORABLE Stars
I love Shay Savage, she’s the type of author you never know what you are going to get. Each book she writes is completely different and I’m taken to a different book world each time I read one of her books. I instantly one clicked Win Some, Lose Some because of the blurb. It’s different and I have a soft spot for young love.

 Matthew is one of kind. He has Asperger’s Syndrome, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t any less lovable. The star of the book is Matthew and I love that the entire book is in his POV. I hope this book comes in audio because I would love to hear his voice. Anyhow, he’s unique, quirky and sure he’s different, but it’s a good different. Because not everyone is perfect.

He may have OCD issues, he may have panic attacks and act awkward during social occasions but he thinks a mile a minute and has a heart of gold. You want to squeeze him into pieces and put him in your pocket to protect him.

Mayra is the popular cool girl in school, but she isn’t mean. She’s never noticed Matthew before until he was forced to work with her on a school project and now she’s thinking Matthew seems like a pretty great guy. I felt like Mayra was the perfect Heroine of the book. She was understanding and patient with Matthew. She seemed very mature and kind. It was refreshing reading her as the Heroine.

The book goes through the troubles a teenager would go through during high school. There will be some teasing, awkward teen angst and plenty of young love.

I devoured this book up like mad. I read it in one sitting and I had a smile on my face the ENTIRE time I was reading. I really loved the characters and I loved the storyline. It doesn’t surprise me though, it is a Shay Savage book.


Other Books
Transcendence REVIEW
Surviving Raine REVIEW


Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets.  She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International.  Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer.  Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot of that knowledge into the characters within her stories.

From the author: “It’s my job to make you FEEL.  That doesn’t always mean you’ll feel good, but I want my readers to be connected enough to my characters to care.”
Savage’s books many books span a wide variety of topics and sub-genres with deeply flawed characters.  From cavemen to addicts to hitmen, you’ll find yourself falling for these seemingly irredeemable characters!

WebsiteBlogFacebook Author Page:  Facebook:Twitter:  |  @savage7289IG:  | @savage7289GoodreadsAmazon Author Page: Youtube:  





No comments:

Post a Comment