Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Until It Fades by KA Tucker

Twenty-four-year-old truck stop waitress and single mother Catherine Wright has simple goals: to give her five-year-old daughter a happy life and to never again be the talk of the town in Balsam, Pennsylvania: population two thousand outside of tourist season.

And then one foggy night, on a lonely road back from another failed attempt at a relationship, Catherine saves a man’s life. It isn’t until after the police have arrived that Catherine realizes exactly who it is she has saved: Brett Madden, hockey icon and media darling.

Catherine has already had her fifteen minutes of fame and the last thing she wants is to have her past dragged back into the spotlight, only this time on a national stage. So she hides her identity. It works.
For a time.
But when she finds the man she saved standing on her doorstep, desperate to thank her, all that changes. What begins as an immediate friendship quickly turns into something neither of them expected. Something that Catherine isn’t sure she can handle; something that Catherine is afraid to trust.
Because how long can an extraordinary man like Brett be interested in an ordinary woman like Catherine…before the spark fades?


5 Fantastic StarsGAH!!!! I needed this book. I had ZERO expectations going into Until It Fades. I read the first sentence of the prologue and realized it was a single mama book, well I had to read it.

I’ll be honest. It’s been awhile since I read a KA Tucker book. I’ve been a fan of her for years and I don’t know why I took a break. I’m so glad I took a chance on this one because it was wonderful. This is different from her previous books, it’s slightly lighter and slightly sugary sweet, BUT a good kind where you just want more and more until your teeth ache.

Catherine is a single mom with a lot of issues. She is kind of an outsider to her small hometown and because of that she keeps to herself. Until one night she saves someone. Someone who is famous and from there, EVERYTHING in Catherine’s life changes.

The thing that really worked for me in this book was the writing style. This book has a lot of meat and a lot of character of development. I didn’t feel like I was reading about characters, I felt like I was part of the characters. I felt whatever Catherine felt and I just wanted to give the girl a hug.

Brett is a hockey player and after being saved from an accident all he wants to do is thank the person who saved his life, but the person wants to be anonymous. I completely loved and swooned after Brett. He’s sweet, caring and charismatic. He is 100% Mr. Book Boyfriend material.

I love the relationship between Brett and Catherine and you throw in a spunky five year old, it just makes the book even BETTER.
From start to finish this book was amazing. I could have read it again or a hundred more pages. An Arc was provided












More KA Tucker Books

Burying Water #1 REVIEW | AMAZON

Becoming Rain #2 REVIEW | AMAZON

Chasing River #3 AMAZON

Surviving Ice #4 AMAZON





Author Photo

About K.A. Tucker: Born in small-town Ontario, K.A. Tucker published her first book at the age of six with the help of her elementary school librarian and a box of crayons. She currently resides in a quaint town outside of Toronto with her husband, two beautiful girls, and an exhausting brood of four-legged creatures.          

Website ** Twitter ** Facebook ** Novel Goodreads ** Author Goodreads ** YouTube ** Pinterest ** Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment