Monday, May 7, 2018

Bad Boy Brody by Tijan

The loss of his brother sends Brody Asher from Hollywood Golden Boy to Hollywood Bad Boy. When he might lose a blockbuster movie role because of his new reputation, he agrees to first do a small indie movie to clean up his image.
Arriving on location, he’s not ready for the family politics and mystery surrounding the movie script that was based on a real life murder. And he’s most definitely not ready to fall in love with the person that was the reason for the murder in the first place, or the fact that no one is supposed to know about her.



3.5 Run Wild and Free Stars

Bad Boy Brody is a standalone and is Tijan’s latest new release. I love Tijan’s books, it’s always emotional, beautiful and heart-warming.

Bad Boy Brody is about nature, second chances and finding something that was once lost. Everyone likes a come-back story and everyone likes it when two different people fall for each other.

Brody is a Hollywood Actor and he’s on the set of his newest film. I love books that are set in the wild. I personally don’t like the outdoors, but I love to read about them. Brody is an interesting character. He’s dealing with his brother’s death and just trying to survive.  I get the whole angry with the world attitude and I was ready for him to get whipped into shape. The drinking was a major turn-off, but added to his bad-boy factor.

Then there’s Morgan. I can honestly say she is a unique character and I’ve never read a Heroine like her before. It was a bit difficult to understand her. She’s not your typical person, she’s wild and free and lives with the horses. Okay, she has an apartment in the barn, but she spends most of her time with the horses.

The book is highly unrealistic, but you take it for what it is, a story about two unique souls trying to find something, you just don’t know what until you keep on reading.  The beginning is a bit hard to understand, there’s a lot of characters thrown at you and you are wondering who is related to who and who is working for who, but eventually enough is explained and I got on with the story. 

What I did like was that there wasn’t any underlying angst that made me want to pull my hair out. I felt like the story flowed and there was always something keeping me on my toes. There’s a mysterious vibe to the book too that will keep you glued to the pages. I felt the chemistry between Brody and Morgan was there, but I did struggle to accept her character, she might have been too different for me. I think it was the whole wild and free thing. 

Other than that, it’s a beautiful story and who doesn’t love a Hollywood actor kind of book?


An ARC was provided
















No comments:

Post a Comment