Friday, February 15, 2013

Grounded (Up in the air, #3) by R.K. Lilley




4 Stars

What a way to end the Up in the Air series?!

My review is a little mixed, but more positive than anything.
There really isn’t much to the summary/blurb. James and Bianca’s continue their relationship and of course we have the issue with the Bianca’s Dad and James’ fame and past.

Let me to just say, I’m a HUGE fan of the Up in the Air series. I LOVE James and Bianca has grown on me. I will definitely watch out for R.K. Lilley books from now on and read the novellas (which says a lot because I usually don’t unless I’m a fan of the books).

I’m a pretty harsh reviewer and if I don’t absolutely love the book I won’t give it a 5 star rating, however, 4 stars still means I liked it A LOT, but there were just a few issues.

Overall, Grounded was a pleasant read. In Flight is still my favorite, but I am happy Bianca is less doubty in Grounded, verses Mile High. I am so happy there is more Stephan and even a chapter or two in his POV. Usually I get upset when authors throw in different POV’s in the middle of the series, but it was a good shift that was needed.

For about 75% of the book, everything was pretty much tame, I would say Grounded was the least intense book. Sure, there were some steamy scenes, but nothing really kept me on edge. For the most part, I am okay with low-intense books but I have issues when I read too many side characters’ back-story. I was questioning if there would be a spin-off novel because there were so many side stories and it was a bit distracting.

I wanted the last 25% to be the main focus of the book and kind of drawn out, so when I reached the climatic ending, I was happy, but kind of disappointed. I hate to complain, but I wasn’t pulled into the story.

Of course, I still love James and he doesn’t disappoint! James is still the crazy possessive alpha-male I love to read, but his “crazy moods” are mild and a little far in-between (in my opinon). There are still plenty of shocking moments, like …. red wings! Too crazy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I highly recommend the Up in the Air series, it has plenty of everything to keep you interested and happy.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment