Saturday, April 6, 2013

Own the Wind (Chaos, #1) by Kristen Ashley


5 Stars

May feel like you’re fallin’, Tabby, but remember, I’m at the bottom ready to catch you.


I am pleasantly surprised how much I LOVED Own the Wind. I haven’t read all of Kristen Ashley’s (KA) books, but Knight and Mystery Man were my favorite reads and I am happy to add Own the Wind to that list!

Own the Wind is a spin off from The Dream Man Series and this is Tack’s daughter’s story. Off bat, I like that Tabby and Shy are young. As much as I love reading about strong older men, sometimes I like to read about twenty-somethings falling in love.

I was hooked from page one. I really liked Tabby and I just felt for her. Something happens in the beginning and it kind of presents the tone and feel for the rest of the story and it was a really perfect plot in my opinion. Sometimes KA books don’t sit well with me because of the lack of drama. However, I am very happy with the mild-tension tone of the book.

Shy isn’t my favorite Hero, but I did like him. He just didn’t stand out on his own to me. Of course he’s domineering, bossy and sexy, but I felt like I was more connected with Tabby and probably because most of the book is in her POV. I really enjoyed everyone being leveled headed. Yes, there’s some banter (we all like that right?) but mostly it’s a story between two people forming a friendship into something more.

I absolutely love character development and I got that with Tabby and Shy. I didn’t want to start out with them already having sex. Instead, we got to see how they interact with each other over the course of several years. I really liked this (usually I don’t), but I was getting the perfect foundation I needed to get into the story.

If you wanted to know more about the club Chaos, you got that. I enjoyed the back story, and I loved the character references from KA other books. I am sure I missed a few, but I got a little bit here and there.

I wouldn’t call Own the Wind super steamy, but it really wasn’t necessary. Overall, it was a pleasurable read. I recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment