Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Whole New Crowd by Tijan

A Whole New Crowd (A Whole New Crowd, #1)A Whole New Crowd by Tijan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Girl Power Stars

A Whole New Crowd was an interesting read. I think it may have been better if I read the non-edited and grittier version. I didn’t dislike AWNC, but there was just something off about it.

Taryn

Taryn is a hard core girl. She was in a rough crowd and she’s getting out of it, now that she is adopted. Her ex-boyfriend and her would steal and do a lot of illegal activities. Now, she’s reforming, her new adopted sister wants Taryn to be part of the new crowd. The popular kids.

I liked Taryn, I thought she was strong, cool and very awesome. She doesn’t take crap from anyone and she doesn’t care what other people think of her. Her mouth gets the best of her, but she’s always honest. When Taryn’s sister tries to get Taryn to hang out with the new kids, it was very entertaining to watch. It was cute and it made me like Taryn more.

Tray

Tray is the popular boy in school and everyone is scared of him. He doesn’t mess around and he isn’t afraid of anything. When Taryn sticks up for herself and gets in Tray’s face, Tray may have met his match.

I liked Tray, I thought he was hard core as well, kind of sexy and very mysterious. Of course something about Tray’s past makes him the way he is. I liked how everyone was scared of Tray and you didn’t know what was his issue.

Overall

The banter between Taryn and Tray was very cute. Taryn keeps on pushing Tray’s buttons and Tray keeps Taryn on her toes.

I liked the overall story line and the characters. However…

The misses…

Tijan is known for this and I hate to say it, but there’s A LOT of characters. Sometimes I feel like I should write a diagram to see who is related to who, who is hooking up with who and who is good and bad. It’s even harder when the names are kind of similar.

AWNC is very long. I’m pretty sure I could do away with the last 30% of the book. I read the first 70% with little problem, but towards the end, I think I took a break every 5% because it just kept on going on and on. There was just a lot of added scenes and problems that I didn’t think were needed.

There was something lacking and I wanted an oh shocked factor. It took me awhile to figure out what the main point was. The first half of the book was Taryn and Tray getting to know each other and the second half of the books kind of gets to the “problem” of the story. I felt like there was some what a disconnect. I am not sure how to describe it. I think the story simply just dragged out.

Overall, AWNC was a nice read, it wasn’t really for me, but the story was cute and somewhat interesting.

A Whole New Crowd (A Whole New Crowd, #1) by Tijan AMAZON
The Original Crowd by Tijan The unedited and grittier version, I recommend this version instead, although I haven't read it AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment