Monday, October 13, 2014

Down and Out by Kelley R. Martin

Down and Out (Knockout Love #1)Down and Out by Kelley R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Fighting Stars

If you are a fan of the Worth Fighting Series, then Down and Out is for you. It has the right amount of romance and fighting to keep you interested

Savannah

I love me a damsel in distress lady and Savannah fits the bill. She bounces from job to job, doing almost anything she can to save enough money for college. She’s homeless and can barely take care of herself. She finds a help wanted sign in front of a gym and decides to apply.

Declan

Declan is the sexy owner of the gym and automatically has a soft spot for Savannah. She looks disheveled and in a need of rescuing, the only thing is, Declan is no Hero. Declan is a sexy fighter with a bad reputation, but there’s something about Savannah that can’t keep him away from her.

Review

I’m a major fan of fighting books and when it’s revolved around an alpha hero that owns a gym, I dunno, it just gets me happy. Declan is oh lickable and sweet at the same time.

I trade punches for a living, but nobody can hurt me like you. Nobody can land a hit like you and leave me as breathless and torn up.


What made me a fan is the dialogue, Down and Out has a lot of it and THANK YOU. I’m never a fan of descriptive writing. I just love the banter between Savannah and Declan. You will be smiling and cracking up.

Declan sees Savannah living in her car and feels really bad so he offers her a place to stay, with him! I know, it makes for a juicy read. Declan and Savannah embark on a light and causal relationship, but of course there is nothing light about Declan.

As long as I’m alive and breathing, you’ll be my Kitten. It doesn’t matter how many miles you put between us or how much time passes. I’ll never not think of you as mine.


Overall

Overall, Down and Out was a nice read. I did want a little more tension at times, but maybe because I’m just in an angsty mood. The pace is light and a little slow, which I know will work with a lot of people. If you are a fan of fighting books, then this one is for you.


Down and Out (Knockout Love #1) by Kelley R. MartinAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment