Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saving Quinton (Nova, #2) by Jessica Sorensen

Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)Saving Quinton by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 What??!! ending Stars

I'm in complete shock.

I was debating if I wanted to start Saving Quinton so soon after finishing Breaking Nova, but I really wanted to see how Nova saves Quinton, I mean, based on the title, it should be about Nova saving Quinton right?

Let me sum up what happens….

The beginning is a little intro to what Nova and Quinton have been up to. Nova is going to school and Quinton is still taking drugs, now meth.

Nova goes to see Quinton and try to “save” him
Quinton acts like a drugged up junkie and pushes Nova away

Nova visits Quinton again to “save” him
Quinton acts like a drugged up junkie and pushes Nova away

Nova visits Quinton again to “save” him
Quinton acts like a drugged up junkie and pushes Nova away

And on and on and on…, you will want to pull your hair out, but in a very good way... sometimes you need this kind of angst

Then you get to the climatic ending…. Where Quinton basically falls off the deep end and you can just imagine what I think of the Hero.

And all of this time I am thinking to myself, why didn’t she just try to get help from adults and push Quinton to go to rehab? I was also a little frustrated with the flashbacks. I wasn't fond of the Lexi and Landon flash backs. I got the relationships in Breaking Nova, now I want to focus on the current on, Nova and Quinton.

Overall, I enjoyed the way it was written (the flow) and even though I wanted to throw my tablet across the room several times and I wanted to punch Quinton in the face, Saving Quinton was an intense, but enjoyable read… and the ending will leave you surprised, shocked and gasping.

I forget Jessica is known for her cliffys, but I didn’t think I would be so shaken up by the ending. The climatic ending was VERY DRAMATIC, it was a little intense. I get Nova likes Quinton and she wants to save him because she couldn’t save Landon, but sometimes a Hero can push you too far. I haven't given up on Quinton yet, but he's boarder line close.

Overall, if you are a fan of the series, you love the up and down roller coaster and you are okay losing a few hairs because you have been pulling them out, then this is for you.

I'm going to continue with the series, because I can't help to find out what happens.

Series Order
Breaking Nova (Nova, #1) by Jessica Sorensen REVIEW | AMAZON
Saving Quinton (Nova, #2) by Jessica Sorensen AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment