Friday, April 10, 2015

Addicted After All (Addicted #3) by Krista & Becca Ritchie



Two addicts. One epic love story.

Prepare for the worst.

That’s what Lily and Lo try to do when Jonathan Hale schedules an “important” meeting. The problem: after being swept into the public eye and battling their addictions, they’re not sure what the worst is anymore.

In a sea of many changes—including Ryke & Daisy living with them—Lily realizes that the best part of her fluctuating hormones might just be the worst.

Her sex drive is out of control.

Loren knows that she’s insatiable, but he’s not giving up on her. She’s too much a part of him. And as he carries more and more responsibility, some of the people that he loves doubt his resolve.
In the conclusion to their love story, Lily & Lo stand side-by-side to fight, one last time, for their happily ever after.



5 Epic Romance – I-Love-Lily-And-Lo Stars

Addicted After All continues the Addicted Series and must be read in order.  There is also a spin-off series, the Calloway Sisters, which focuses on Lily’s other sisters, Rose and Daisy. 

It’s highly recommended you read Thrive prior to reading Addicted After All or the spin-off series, Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower or all three, which is what I did. Thrive is Lily and Lo’s POV during the same time period of Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower.

Audio

I listened to the audio version and this is my first time reading Addicted After All. I have listened to Thrive on audio and both books were completely wonderful on audio. I’m a HUGE fan of audio books. I can do so many things while I listen and I still get my “reading” fix.

The narrators are Charles Carr and Erin Mallon.  I love both narrators and I felt like they did a fantastic job.  Charles voice is deep and strong. He completely suits Lo’s voice.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Erin’s voice. I will listen to anything she narrates. She conveys so many emotions.  She doesn’t just “read” the lines, she becomes the lines. You feel her passion, her nervousness, her excitement and trepidation.

If you haven’t tried an audio book, I suggest you listen to Addicted After All

Full Review

Krista and Becca are amazing writers. It’s always difficult writing a series on one couple.  With Addicted After All, I didn’t get any fillers or slow lines. I was completely onboard with the pace and there was so much drama that kept me interested.

Lily, Lo, Rose, Connor, Ryke and Daisy all live in the same house.  Lily and Lo progress in their relationship. Of course, with their addictions, there are still plenty of issues to work on. Lily still struggles with her sex addiction and Lo with his alcoholism.

Lily and Lo are pressured to get married by both parents because of all the negative press.  Lily doesn’t want Lo to marry her because of the pressure. She understands Lo’s battle with alcohol and doesn’t want to add any more stress.

 I love this! I just love how Lily loves Lo and to her marriage isn’t everything. She’s perfectly fine keeping the way things are for the sake of the relationship.

What I love most about this series is just the pure love Lily and Lo have towards each other. I love how it’s them verse the world. Any issues they may have, they can go through it because they have each other to lean on.

“I knew from the beginning that we’d be addicted after all”

“There’s something about Lily that makes all the terrible parts of me seem irrelevant. That makes a bad day momentary and a good one infinite.”

The whole gang is there to keep Lily and Lo in check. Lily is not allowed to pleasure herself and its really funny reading how involved everyone is. Like when Lily goes to the bathroom for too long, everyone checks on her. There is no privacy at home, which is really hilarious.

The dynamics change throughout the book.  A lot of relationships get closer and a lot of issues are brought to light and confronted. 

For example, Lily and Lo move forward with their relationships, regarding towards how often and what kind of sex they have. They don’t have a set of rules, but they do keep in mind that Lily isn’t to use sex as an outlet.

Lily and Rose bond and become closer. I loved this.

Ryke and Lo deal with the half-brother, father abandonment issues. I really enjoyed this aspect of the book. Ryke and Lo have a good relationship, they got closer after Hothouse Flower and Thrive, but the issue is address more in Addicted After All and it was really emotional, but good to read.
Kids in the area kind of terrorize the gang and it adds mild, but yummy tension. I love reading the gang working together.

And much much much more happens.

Overall, I can’t say it enough I just love the writing. I love the style of writing, the pace, the issues, the characters, EVERY THING worked for me. Krista and Becca create this tiny little world and each time I pick up a book in this or the spin off series, I’m just taken to a happy place. I want to be part of the story and I never want to leave.

I love Addicted After All, I love Lily, I love Lo, I love the authors. I simply just LOVE!

“The parts of me that I love the most are the parts that belong to her”

“Lily Calloway...all this time, your superpower has been loving me”

“We have consumed each other from day one. And we truly never let go”

Questions

What did you love best about Addicted After All?

Duh… Lily and Lo. I love them. I love their quirks, I love their love for each other and I even though their addictions. Addicted After All is simply a love story. It’s Lily and Lo’s and I was absorbed in it. They sucked me in and I hungered for more.

What did you like best about this story?

I love all the characters. I love that yes, it’s about Lily and Lo, but I love that there’s plenty of Connor, Rose, Ryke and Daisy.  Because what makes this series so great is the entire gang. I couldn’t imagine a book without everyone’s presence. I love that they live all  in the same house too.

Which scene was your favorite?

I can’t say or it will give away a part of the book, but I love Lily and Rose’s bond towards each other. I love how standoffish Rose is and how Lily craves her sister’s love. I love how silly and shy Lily can be and I love how Rose just grounds her. I love that they both become closer in the book. I have a sister so it totally related to me.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?

My extreme reaction was pure joy.  I laughed many many times and I was also on edge a few times. I felt an array of emotions, all good, all joyous and all pleasurable.
 

SERIES
     

Addicted to You - AMAZON (Audio - $1.99) (Kindle - FREE) - REVIEW

Ricochet - AMAZON - REVIEW

 Addicted for Now - AMAZON - REVIEW

Kiss the Sky - AMAZON - REVIEW

Hothouse Flower - AMAZON  (Audio - $1.99) - REVIEW

Thrive - AMAZON

Addicted After All - AMAZON



Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their early twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, flawed characters, and soul mate love.

They are the New Adult authors of the Addicted series and Calloway Sisters spin-off series, and you can find them on almost every social media, frolicking around like wannabe unicorns.

AUTHOR LINKS



No comments:

Post a Comment