Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters #1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie




Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy.
 
After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way.
 
Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity.
 
This New Adult Romance can be described as Friends meets The Real World. Expect fist fights, drugs, sex of varying degrees, crude humor and competitive alpha males. Definitely for mature readers audiences only.



6 OH MY GOD, I LOVE ROSE AND CONNOR STARS!!!!

You’re not a pit stop. You’re my finish line. There’s no one after you.

 Kiss the Sky is a spin off from the Addicted series. You do not need to read the Addicted series to understand Kiss the Sky, HOWEVER, many things will be revealed from the Addicted series, so I strongly suggest, you read Addicted to You, Ricochet and Addicted for Now

Kiss the Sky was NOTHING WHAT I EXPECTED… Kiss the Sky is SO MUCH MORE. I loved it, start to finish, and when I was done reading… I wanted to reread it again.

There are many things I loved about this series, so let me list a few:

- Set in present tense, meaning Kiss the Sky picks up right where Addicted for Now left off. YES! The author (sisters) could have flashback and rewrote the first two books just in Connor and Rose’s POV, but the authors never did that. This is amaze balls.

- Connor, yup, one word. He stole the book, he stole the show. I can’t believe I wasn’t crushing on him in the previous books! Oh my god, to get into his head and read what he was thinking. He is soo… eloquent, refined and polished. He will seduce you with his words and it will make your heart swoon.

I want you for eternity, not for a brief finish line.
 There's no one after you.


Connor = ALPHA = SEXY = SMART = Arrogant = YUMMY = FUN TIMES = YES = YES = YES!!!!

 - You still get bits and glimpses of the gang, Daisy, Ryke, Lo and Lily. YAY!

- The plot! The whole gang is on a reality show (kind of like real world) and they all live together in one house, including, Rose’s ex-boyfriend!!! Oh what a juicy story does that make?!

 - I love the cover!

 I really loved the story line. I love it when a couple is together, but it’s not the couple against each other, it’s the couple against the world. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, that’s exactly the type of book I LOVE TO READ! Connor and Rose have a somewhat up and down relationship, they have broken up and gotten back together many times. Rose is still a virgin and she has been dating Connor for one year. Now, both Rose and Connor kind of get more aggressive towards each other.

 I love the way he’s staring at me. It makes me feel more than just beautiful. I feel like I’m his. Like no one else could possibly compare to me. He doesn’t even have to say the words. I see it in his eyes. I can practically read it in his mind.

 There’s plenty of stuff that goes on to create tension, Rose and Connor are still the responsible ones in the house, where they take care of everyone, especially Lily and Lo, but both Rose and Connor are pretty stressed out with their current commitments. Connor is going to grad school, managing his Mom’s company and is trying to help Rose become more comfortable sexually (oooOOo la la la). Rose is dealing with her crazy mom, her company and trying to open a bit more towards Connor. Oh and then there’s the ex!

 I love it when the crazy ex is in the picture (only when the Heroine has no interest in him). Rose tries hard to push Scott (her ex) away, but Scott is pretty much around and in everyone’s business. He’s the perfect villain to love and hate in the book. You want Scott to stir up trouble just to read the juicy bits and there’s plenty to gobble up.

 MY FAVORITE parts of the book are the intimate moments Connor and Rose share. Oh my gosh, sexual tension to the max! I love a good clit tease and there’s plenty of it. You can really read the emotions Connor and Rose feel for each other. Connor is so freaking dominate, that after you read one intimate scene, you will need to change your panties (just keeping it real ladies). This alone is a good reason why you need to read this book. I wouldn’t call this book too steamy, but when you get to those scenes, well let’s just say it’s about quality, not quantity.

People hope to touch the sky. I dream of kissing it.

Audio Questions:

Would you recommend this audiobook to a friend? If so, why?

I would 100% recommend this audiobook to a friend. Do you want me to put my hand on the bible and swear it? Because I will. I LOVED IT! It was enjoyable from the first words to the last. I couldn’t get enough. EVERYONE will be very happy happy when they listen.

Who was your favorite character and why?

Connor. Connor. Connor. Did I not mention CONNOR? The authors created such an incredibly Hero. He’s so desirable and I loved every bit of him in the book. I love his confidence, the way he speaks and his love for his girlfriend, Rose. I also loved reading his inner monologues and the issues he has with the pressures and stress he faces in the book. He is simply PERFECT.

Have you listened to any of Mark Boyett and Therese Plummer ’s other performances before? How does this one compare?

This is my first Mark Boyett narration. I found his voice a little softer than Lo and most Heroes I listen to. But his voice did fit Connor. Mark’s voice is firm, yet strong. It’s not deep, but when he speaks in French, oh it will make your panties melt. I loved those parts. This is my first Therese Plummer narration as well. She conveyed Rose completely. I loved listening to her emotions. I loved it when she was trying to firm, anxious and even silly. I felt like I fell in love with Rose a little more because of the narration.

If you were to make a film of this book, what would the tag line be?
Connor and Rose, being witty has never been more sexy.

 An Audio Copy was provided


SERIES
     

Addicted to You - AMAZON (Audio - $1.99) (Kindle - FREE) - REVIEW

Ricochet - AMAZON - REVIEW

 Addicted for Now - AMAZON - REVIEW

Kiss the Sky - AMAZON - REVIEW

Hothouse Flower - AMAZON  (Audio - $1.99) - REVIEW

Thrive - AMAZON

Addicted After All - AMAZON



Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their early twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, flawed characters, and soul mate love.

They are the New Adult authors of the Addicted series and Calloway Sisters spin-off series, and you can find them on almost every social media, frolicking around like wannabe unicorns.

AUTHOR LINKS



No comments:

Post a Comment