Friday, October 7, 2016

Neighbors by Stylo Fantome [Review]


Things a good neighbor can do for you:
 1. Give you a cup of sugar
 2. Let you borrow his lawnmower
 3. Water your plants while you're on vacation
 4. Make your eyes roll back in your head with his tongue

Katya Tocci has never paid much attention to who lives next door - her career always kept her too busy. She's a good girl, working her way to becoming the most sought after cake designer in all of San Francisco.

But even a good girl's gotta cut loose once in a while, right? So one fake dating profile later, and she's ready to tarnish her squeaky clean image. Little does she know, her fun time is closer to home than she ever imagined.

Throw in a neighbor who wants to corrupt her, and another who just wants to own her, and her entire world is flipped upside down.
Who knew neighbors could be so helpful?






6 Well that was Unexpected Stars
I love Stylo’s books. I’ve always rate her reads really high. I’ll be honest and say the blurb for this one didn’t pull me in. Neighbor books are a dime a dozen, so I thought to myself what makes this book so different and special?

Well, you can slap me. Because this is anything but a typical book. The blurb doesn’t do any justice, but I understand the author didn’t want to give anything away.

I think I need to tell you a few things to entice you, because this book was pure amazing.

First off, I’ve read some negative reviews and just note, yes this book has a cliff-hanger. Personally I love cliff-hangers because you know why? That means the book doesn’t end. Yes people! Have you ever read a book you loved and didn’t want it to end, well this one is it!

Second, this book is written in third person narrative. WHICH I find refreshing and I have no issues with. I always figure third person writing a bit tricky and any author that can write that way demands my applause.

There are two Heroes in this one! But no cheating. I usually cringe at love triangles but there’s something about Stylo’s writing that makes me read out of my comfort zone. She wrote a book about cheating and I loved it, so it’s no surprise she writes a book with two Heroes and I love them both.
What I love most about this book is that it was well thought out. From the first to last page, you know the author had the plot and story line down. It also reads effortless and very steamy. I couldn’t put it down and I read it in one sitting.

This book is very adult in the sense everyone acted his or her age. I really liked how rational everyone was and like I said, it was just an overall refreshing read.

Katya is a boring girl and she wants to spice up her life, so when she creates an on-line dating profile and she meets Liam.

Liam is the fun-loving happy guy. He lives in the building next door and he kind of pushes Katya’s boundaries. He shows her the steamy side of her and also how to have fun in a relationship. He doesn’t want anything serious and she agrees.

I loved Liam. He’s the guy you can joke with, eat tacos and drink beer with. He’s the guy you can consider a best friend and will be there for you no matter what.

Then there’s Katya’s childhood crush Wulfric. Don’t you love the name? He’s broody, mysterious and very rich. His time and money is precious and he’s curious to how Katya has changed since childhood. I found Wulfric the kind of hero I love to read. He’s so alpha male you just want him to have his way with you.

The star of the book is Katya and I love reading all of her bedroom adventures. She struggles and has fun with both men and it keeps the story really interesting.

This book was just overall one-of-kind surprising read. 










Other Books by Stylo Fantome



AMAZON - AMAZON UK - AMAZON CA - AMAZON AUS - GOODREADS - YOU TUBE - REVIEW






Crazy woman living in an undisclosed location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ..., forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.
   

The Kane Trilogy




Degradation #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Separation #2 REVIEW | AMAZON
Reparation #3 AMAZON








No comments:

Post a Comment