Monday, December 5, 2016

Womanizar (Manwhore #4) by Katy Evans [Review]


We were just two strangers. Facing a forbidden attraction, a chemical connection. Neither of us expected or wanted it to amount to more.

But I had never been drawn to a guy the way I was drawn to this one: my brother's best friend, and CEO of the company where I interned.

Even knowing I should stay away, I proved to be too human, after all.

The chemistry was amazing.

The laughs were incredible.

I opened up to him in more ways than I'd opened up to anyone before.



But sex was as far as I'd go. 
Just sex because he was too irresistible.
Just sex because I wouldn't be falling for him.
Just sex because I'd leave in three months, and I'd like for my brother not to kill me, and for nobody to find out he was my wicked little secret.
He wasn't the One. 
He was just a womanizer.
But for a time, he would be mine.




4 You can Womanize me Stars
I love Katy Evans, she’s a one-click read for me. As I saw this book, I thought two things. I thought, huh, there’s a man on the cover smoking a ciggy and I have that Britney Spears song, Womanizer stuck in my head!

This book reminded me of my youth. We all did it, we all had a ciggy in our young days.  It was the social thing you do, you steal a drag from a friend and strike up a conversation.

This is Olivia and Callan’s story and is also a standalone.

The book starts really cute. Olivia is this young spunky thing and she’s working at Callan’s company. She got the job because she is Tahoe’s little sister, but she wants to make it on her own from there. We know from the previous books that Callan is a playboy. He’s the last single guy in the group and he’s kind of on his own.

Olivia meets a man on his smoke break at work, the only thing is, she doesn’t know it’s Callan!
It’s a SUPER cute story no? I like that over cigs, Call and Olivia kind of form this bond. Now, it’s not all about smoking cigs, it’s just a way for the two of them to converse and bond.

I’m not a smoker currently, in fact, I told my husband (boyfriend at the time) I would only date him if he stopped smoking (and he did), so I’m not saying, oh it’s alright to like smoking. It’s just that me and not smoking doesn’t have anything to do with my enjoyment of the book. Does that make sense?
I enjoyed that the book was light and easy to read. The angst was on the mild side, but the tension from Tahoe adds a little something to the story.

Overall, an enjoyable Katy Evans read.

An ARC was provided


GOODREADS 

iBooks ➜ Nook ➜ Kobo
➜  Audible: Amazon Paperback:

Manwhore SERIES
     

Manwhore #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Manwhore +1 #2 REVIEW AMAZON
Ms. Manwhore #2.5 REVIEW |  AMAZON
LADIES MAN #3 REVIEWAMAZON
Womanizar #4 AMAZON

Real Series by Katy Evans


 

Katy Evans loves her family, books, life, and love. She's married with two children and three dogs and spends her time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of her family. She is grateful to her fans who spend their time with her and picks up her stories. She hopes you have an amazing time with it, like she did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look her up on the Internet, she would love to hear from you!




Book Signing Photos - > HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment