Saturday, September 28, 2013

Simple Perfection (Perfection, #1 | Rosemary Beach, #5) - by Abbi Glines


4.5 Give-Me-More-Woods Stars

** SPOILER FREE **

If you love Woods, then you will love Simple Perfection.

Simple Perfection is book 2 of the Perfection series, and book 5 of the Rosemary Beach series.

Series order:

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1 | Rosemary Beach, #1) < ---- Read, 4 Stars

Never Too Far (Too Far, #2 | Rosemary Beach, #2) < ---- Read, 3 Stars

Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3 | Rosemary Beach, #2) < ---- TBR

Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1 | Rosemary Beach, #4) < --- Read, 5 Stars

Simple Perfection (Perfection, #1 | Rosemary Beach, #5) < ---- Read, 4.5 Stars

I loved Twisted Perfection. I loved it so much, I purchased a paperback copy and so when Simple Perfection came out, I couldn’t wait to read it.  I think this would have been a five star read for me, if Abbi focused more on the Woods and Della dynamics, than the other Rosemary characters (which some readers love, so this is a personal thing for me).



Della will piss you off.  She will be irrational and slightly crazy. Again, I know there are readers who LOVE this, so there you have it.  The best part of this book was Woods. Oh god, my love for Woods. He’s SO ALPHA!  If you looked up Alpha in the dictionary, you will see his name (some readers may be turned off by this, so just so you know, the whole alpha thing is turned up a notch). I love alpha, sexy, I-Love-my-woman, woods. DAMN.


Sigh. SWOON. FAINT, I love Woods. BAD.

For me, it’s very tricky on keeping me engaged in the second book of any series. Where can the characters go?  The beginning picks up right where Twisted Perfection left off.  So, Woods is dealing with his family and there’s plenty of drama on that side to keep you interested. I liked reading the parts about Woods’ mother and ex-girlfriend.  Who doesn’t love a cat fight?

It wasn't the way life was supposed to be, but it was my life. And I'd had Woods in it. That made it all okay.

Then there’s Della and her issues. I understand the direction Abbi was going and you do feel bad for Della.  Do you agree with her? I am not sure, but it adds nice tension to the book.

Simple Perfection isn’t a light hearted read.  It’s emotional and dramatic.  If you are like me and LOVE Woods, then there’s no question, you need to read Simple Perfection.

PURCHASE LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment