Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Reap (Scarred Souls) #2 by Tillie Cole [Review]

Andrew Harper grew up in a house marked by tragedy. His older brother Owen did his best to shelter him, but you can only be protected from life’s pain for so long. Eventually, you end up just feeling numb…and isolated.

Loneliness was the one constant in Andrew’s life. Until one girl, met by chance in a high school hallway, changed everything. Emma Burke was a mystery and all that was beautiful in this world, the only air Andrew ever wanted to breathe. She took the lonely away, and filled it with hope and color, and Andrew would do anything to keep her safe, happy and whole.

But sometimes, what feels good and right is what ends up hurting us the most. And when Andrew and Emma are faced with an impossible decision, Andrew is tested to see just how far he’s willing to go for the girl who owns his heart.

Cuts are deep.

Scars are left behind.

And revenge beckons.




When Andrew finally gets his chance, in college, five years after his first love broke him completely, he finds out old feelings don’t really disappear just because you say you hate someone. The more he tries to avenge all that he believes he lost, the more he uncovers the real story of what happened years before.


Love is wicked. But a restless heart is never satisfied beating on its own. Can Andrew and Emma make it right before it's too late, or will the ties that bind them now destroy their only chance at a future?




5 You are … for me Stars
I read ALL of Tillie Cole books. I’m what you call a super stalker.  I don’t care what she writes, its pure gold to me. It’s like she has this magical writing essence and whatever pours out of fingertips is an instant hit for me.


I Love the Scarred Souls series.  Reap does focus on new characters, but its best you read the series in order. There’s so much that goes on in the first book, Raze, you will need to read Raze prior to reading Reap.


Reap is 221’s story and this will melt and break your heart. BUT when does Tillie Cole’s books never do that? I love it! 221 is like Raze (Luka). He’s a prisoner and has a Master. 221 does everything Master says. 221 is not allowed to speak, have any comfort and is referenced as a dog. He has no memory of who he was and he is feared by all.


I absolutely loved 221. He’s tortured, wounded and completely addictive to read. I was sucked in by his story and I had to find out who he was, what’s happening to him now and how he will react to new events.  Tillie has a way in creating complex, but loving Heroes. The emotions this man made me feel!



"He was smiling. It was small, it was faint, but it was there. And in that moment I knew – I was losing my heart to the object of my family’s deepest hatred."

"He’d come into my life like a storm. A storm I didn’t want, one I’d prepared all my life to hate, to fight. But it brought with it refreshing rain. It cleared the skies and brought out only warmth."


"Zaal was saving me, liberating me from loneliness."

Talia is Luka sister and is part of the other Russian clan.  Her family is rivals with 221’s family.  When Talia is suddenly in the presence of 221, everything changes.


As I was reading Reap I kept on thinking this felt like a Beauty and the Beast fairy tale.  A little messed up tale, but I love the story regardless. I couldn’t stop reading and you can easily finish this in one sitting. I never wanted it to end.


Luka makes an appearance in the book and there are even his POV’s, which I loved. I loved that he’s still an important part of the book and I love how he ties to the story.


What really worked for me in this story are the feelings I felt as I read it. I FELT for 221. I ached for his pain, his troubles and I LOVED his reaction towards Talia. I loved how Talia and 221 interact. It put a smile on my face the WHOLE time. I love Talia too. I love how strong she was and how much she cares for 221.


As Talia and 221 get to know each other, 221 tries to piece together his past and Talia continues to care and help 221. It’s a struggle because of all the issues both Talia and 221 face, 221 with his inner demons and Talia because of her family feud. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
It’s a wonderful story and I enjoyed every bit of it!

An ARC was provided

SERIES


Raze - AMAZON | REVIEW
Reap - AMAZON


Other Tillie Cole Books

 
It Ain't Me, Babe #1 - AMAZON | REVIEW
Heart Recaptured #2 - AMAZON | REVIEW
Souls Unfractured #3 AMAZON | REVIEW

SWEET HOME SERIES
http://amzn.to/19MGP6t   

Sweet Home #1 - AMAZON | REVIEW
Sweet Fall #2 - AMAZON| REVIEW
Sweet Rome #3 - AMAZON
Sweet Hope #4 - AMAZON | REVIEW



Eternally North - AMAZON | REVIEW




Tillie Cole is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother — a farmer’s daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a sav-agely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment