Monday, October 31, 2016

Mr. President by Katy Evans [Review]

He's won the hearts of millions. But is he willing to lose his?

I met the president’s son when we were both young. Matthew Hamilton was handsome, polished, and intelligent. I’d never met a boy like him.

He promised me that he’d never run for president. I promised that if he did, I’d be by his side.

Three terms later, an invitation to join Matthew Hamilton’s campaign is the most exhilarating opportunity I’ve ever experienced. I'm determined to make a difference; he is determined to win.

Focused on his goal, Matt is steadfast, ruthless, and disarming. All eyes are on him and his popularity is surging. But soon, the next possible president of the United States is possessing me in more ways than one—and despite the risks, I'm helpless to resist.


We're stealing touches, stealing moments, and stealing away at night. But our chemical connection is quickly becoming dangerously combustive, putting not only my heart, but Matt's chance at the presidency on the line.
Winning will take everything.
Walking away will be the hardest thing of all.


5 Mr. President Stars
I love Katy Evans. She writes fantastic super alpha male dramatic reads that ALWAYS puts a smile on my face. I’ve read all of her books and I will continue to do so.

I love a political book and Mr. President comes out at a PERFECT time (during the presidential election for you non-Americans).  The thing that I really enjoyed about this book is that it wasn’t typical. I never knew what was going to happen and I found that really fresh. I gobbled this baby up and I read it in one sitting, but that’s pretty usual for me when it comes to anything written by Katy Evans.

What makes this book cute is that Charlotte and Matt knew each other years ago. There is also about a 13-14 year age gap, which I liked. What can I say, I love older man. When Charlotte was 11 she met Matt and had a mega crush on him. She never thought in a million years that a decade later, she would be seeing him again, as Matt running for president.

“Matt is going to be the end of me. Maybe the end of my career too. And I should probably take that into serious consideration before I do something reckless. I don’t.”

“He’s not the guy you can have your happy life with; he’s the guy women throw themselves at, he’s the guy who wants more than what you can give and he will always restlessly pursue it.”

“This woman not only makes me want to be a great man, she makes me want to be the best … president that ever lived.”

To me, what makes this book different from other Katy Evan’s book is that she wrote it a little different. Matt wasn’t an over the top male, yes he is dominate, confident and very suave, but he’s very level headed and just an all-around likable Hero.  Also, the angst is mild, but the tension is there to keep you gripping the pages. I also liked that the Hero pursed the Heroine.

As Charlotte works on Matt’s team, you can see how serious she is towards her job and I loved that. She wants Matt to be the president and doesn’t want to be in his way. Matt’s campaign is all focused on him being single and devoted all of his time to America. Hence why Matt can’t be with anyone. Hence the tension between Charlotte and Matt.

I really liked the dynamic between Matt and Charlotte because they both want the same thing, they both want each other, but they also both want Matt to be present. They play this yummy line of trying to have a sort of relationship and not creating a scandal.

I couldn’t get enough of this story and I enjoyed it from the first page. If you love Katy Evans or want to read a political book, then this one is for you. 

An ARC was provided





GOODREADS 
iBooks ➜ Nook ➜ Kobo ➜ 

Manwhore SERIES
    

Manwhore #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Manwhore +1 #2 REVIEW AMAZON
Ms. Manwhore #2.5 REVIEW |  AMAZON
LADIES MAN #3 REVIEWAMAZON

Real Series by Katy Evans


 

Katy Evans loves her family, books, life, and love. She's married with two children and three dogs and spends her time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of her family. She is grateful to her fans who spend their time with her and picks up her stories. She hopes you have an amazing time with it, like she did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look her up on the Internet, she would love to hear from you!




Book Signing Photos - > HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment