Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ravage (Scarred Souls #3) by Tillie Cole [REVIEW]

Taken by the Jakhua Clan as a teen, 194 was stripped of his name, his identity, and his freewill, meticulously honed to be a ruthless, soulless killing machine, trained solely to spill blood and stop hearts. This is a role he resents with every fiber of his being, but one he embraces to gain back the precious leverage the Georgians wield as their weapon of control: his younger sister, 152.

Mzia Kostava is in shock. After fleeing her mafia family's massacre in Georgia as a child, Mzia lives in secret, hiding from her enemies in the dark shadows of Manhattan. At age twenty-five, believing all her family is dead, word reaches Mzia that her brother Zaal is very much alive... and living with their family's greatest enemy: the Volkov Bratva in Brooklyn.
Yearning to be reunited with her beloved Zaal, Mzia risks her safety and anonymity for the brother she had mourned since childhood. But just as she reaches Zaal's apartment, Mzia is



seized and taken captive by a strange man, who is strong, dark, and brutal... Unyielding, he demands her utter obedience as he locks her away in darkness. He is highly skilled in torture and inflicting pain, and demands to know everything about her brother Zaal and everything about her. He is a man that'll do anything to get what he wants.
Sometimes love requires the sacrifice and betrayal of those held most dear. But is finding one's true love worth committing the greatest sacrifice of all?








5 Capture Me Stars
I love all of Tillie Cole books. I love how each series she writes are completely different. I love how powerful her words are and I love how dark and emotional her stories can be. Every time I pick up any of her reads it’s always a non-stop addictive read. Ravage is no exception and it’s a fantastic book.


Ravage is a standalone and is part of the Scarred Souls series


Like every book in this series it starts off with a bang and we are instantly hit with how the main Hero became 194.  It’s not an easy read, but it captures your attention. 194 and his sister, 152 were taken at a young age. He loves his sister and would do anything for her.


Years of training has made him become a killer, a killer now on a mission in order to save his sister’s life.


I really love the Hero’s story. I found it gripping and tragic. I love how much he loves his sister and I love the special bond they have. The Hero has gone through some traumatic events and on top of everything he’s drugged to keep him in his place.

Then there’s Mzia, Zaal’s sister. Mzia is alive and she’s ready to meet her long lost brother Zaal, finally after years in hiding she goes to meet Zaal, but on her way she is captured.

Yes, this is a capture / kidnapping book and it’s not like the typical ones you usually read. There are so many past issues with Zaal and 194 where it breaks your heart, yet you still hold out that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

 The main Hero is nasty, mean and very messed up. Many times I ached for him because I felt his pain, but he wasn’t nice to Mzia and I loved the book even more because of that. I found Mzia a typical kidnapped Heroine, yet she wasn’t a typical damsel in distress. She was strong and she held her ground.

I really liked where the book was going and I love all the flashbacks. I liked reading the history and what happened in the past. I felt like the author developed the characters really well and I LOVED reading about the previous characters from the previous books. I love how everyone is related in some way and it made the book just flow.

I love his series, I love this book and I love this author. It’s no surprise it was a hit for me.
An ARC was provided

SERIES

 

Raze - AMAZON | REVIEW
Reap - AMAZON | REVIEW
RAVAGE - AMAZON



Other Tillie Cole Books

 
It Ain't Me, Babe #1 - AMAZON | REVIEW
Heart Recaptured #2 - AMAZON | REVIEW
Souls Unfractured #3 AMAZON | REVIEW

SWEET HOME SERIES
http://amzn.to/19MGP6t   

Sweet Home #1 - AMAZON | REVIEW
Sweet Fall #2 - AMAZON| REVIEW
Sweet Rome #3 - AMAZON
Sweet Hope #4 - AMAZON | REVIEW



Eternally North - AMAZON | REVIEW




Tillie Cole is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother — a farmer’s daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a sav-agely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment